The Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) is a motoring club and mutual organisation which
provides its members with a range of products and services in the areas of motoring and
mobility, home, leisure, financial services and general insurance.
RACV embarked on its energy efficiency journey with Ecosave in early 2018 to explore various
energy conservation initiatives with the view to achieve cost savings and reduce their carbon
Ecosave started with a strategic view and deep technical understanding of RACV’s higher consuming
facilities that consist of nine resorts and three commercial buildings including the Melbourne RACV
Club landmark building. Ecosave’s initial scope revolved around 12 Type 2 Energy Assessments across
RACV’s portfolio of buildings which identified over $2.2 million in energy savings opportunities.
Ecosave’s proposed solution:
Ecosave proposed an ‘Embedded Ecosave Specialist’ team (EES) at RACV which consists of two senior
sustainability advisors responsible for the ongoing sustainability support and consulting services.
RACV receives credible assurance from independent trusted advisors that their investment in
energy savings projects will realise the full potential of $2.2M in energy cost savings p.a. and 9,872
MWh electricity savings p.a identified by Ecosave.
The EES team provides the following services to RACV:
- Regular liaison with the project implementation team across all resorts
and technical support
- Measurement and Verification activities associated with the implementation of
energy efficiency upgrades
- Liaison with industry bodies and grant providers such as Sustainability Victoria
to secure any available grants to RACV
- Preparation of tender technical specification and tender review
- Specialist technical review for any proposed solutions outside the original
scope of works
- Development of RACV energy management tracking portal for reporting the ongoing energy
savings across the portfolio, including building analytics to continuously optimise RACV
facilities for energy performance.
- Creation and maintenance of Large Generation Certificates (LGCs) associated with the implementation of Solar PV
across the portfolio.
- Building Management System standardisation and optimisation support across the portfolio.
- Ecosave provides RACV peace of mind and ensures the ECMs are implemented following
best practice and that the energy savings are measured and verified.
RACV receives credible assurance from an independent trusted advisory team that their investment in energy savings projects will realise the full potential of the identified savings of $2.2M in energy cost savings p.a. and 9,872 MWh electricity savings p.a.
To learn more about this particular project, or discover how Ecosave can assist your organisation reduce energy costs and carbon emissions – call 1300 55 77 64 or book a free phone appointment today!