Case Study: Ecosave Energy Savings Project – North Sydney Council
Federal funding for community facilities enables deep energy savings in iconic buildings
North Sydney Council utilised a grant from the Department of Climate Change, totalling $82,732, to implement energy efficiency savings across the Councils largest and busiest sites. The grant was awarded as part of the Community Energy Efficiency Programme (CEEP), designed to contribute $112 million to energy efficiency
improvements in Council and community buildings across Australia.
Ecosave, Australia’s largest independent energy services company, initially assessed four of the Councils buildings and implemented solutions at Sydney’s iconic Olympic Pool, Stanton Library, the Council Chambers and the Councils Depot.
The CEEP funding allowed the Council and Ecosave to expand the project, achieving savings at three additional community facilities – the Neutral Bay Community Centre, St Leonards Park and the Bradfield Wellbeing Centre.
The solutions implemented across all seven North Sydney Council sites were:
- The refurbishment of twin fluorescent light fittings to a single tube, installing a high performance reflector, maintaining the existing light level
- A variety of lighting controls including motion detectors and daylight sensors
- High efficiency lighting upgrades
- Performance improvements to pumping systems and control strategy at the Olympic Pool
- Air conditioning optimisation at the Council Chambers and Library
- Solar hot water upgrades
- A voltage power optimisation system at the Central Depot
I am pleased that Council has continued to implement energy saving initiatives every year since 1998’
Albert Lo, Property Asset Manager
Ecosave guarantees savings in its performance based energy efficiency retrofit upgrade projects. Further to the above, there are many other benefits of an energy savings project.
To find out more about this project or to discuss how Ecosave can help you save money and resources, call 1300 55 77 64 or submit an online request to Book a FREE 30 minute phone consultation with an Ecosave Solutions Architect.